Sunday 11 January 2015

SHOOT 1 -Outside Scenes, reflecting, planning

Shoot 1 Planning 

What we wanted
We wanted a range of panning shots across vast Moorland and picturesque 
natural scenery, which would end in a final shot of an isolated house meant to be 
belonging to the main protagonist female character
How it went
The shoot went very well due to the lovely weather. As the sky was a main
 focus point in the shoot it was essential that it be clear and free of
 rain. The sun breaking through the clouds added a more interesting
 angle to the shoot which I particularly liked. My mum and Dad drove me 
up to Denton Moor where I shoot as many landscapes as possible
The sun shining through the clouds
Problems
There were limited problems. The only thing that took away from the 
scenery was anything man made for example wind farms in the 
distance which I had to try and avoid filming. Cars and bikes were 
another problem as well as litter, however there were very little of 
both of these so it was easy enough to miss and cut out of shot. 
Cars and road spoiled the shot

Organisation
Me and ben had previously taken some shots on Ilkley Moor so I knew 
exactly how i wanted to frame the shoots, containing mostly sky with 
the land coming 1/3 of the way up from the bottom of the shot. This
made the shoot a lot easier. I had also done a story board to plan with.
I had researched what the weather conditions would be like to plan 
the best day for the shoot as well as organising myself to be taken up in the
morning as I knew that would be the best time to get sky shots as the
 sun would be rising.
I  liked the way A history of Scotland's title shot was framed as the sky takes


Submarines Opening shots also feature a lot of the sky in the framing 
In ours I have also made the sky take up the majority of the frame

Planning
Me and ben had previously taken some shots on Ilkley Moor so I knew exactly how I wanted to frame the shots, containing mostly sky with the land coming 1/3 of the way up from the bottom of the shot. 
These are the previous practice shots taken on the Moors
This made the shoot a lot easier. I had also done a story board to plan with. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

please note all comments are vetted.